Dyulgerova & Penkova Law Firm has successful practice in the field of tax law, as the legal services provided by our team include: legal consultations in relation to tax debts, tax aspects of real estate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, avoidance of double taxation treaties procedures, as well as representation of clients in audit proceedings and in administrative and court proceedings initiated in relation to appeal of tax assessments bills.
- Representation of subsidiaries of a large Austrian leasing company in administrative and court proceedings initiated in relation to appeal of tax assessments bills.
Dyulgerova & Penkova Law Firm is one of the few law firms in Bulgaria specialized in the field of the EU customs law. Our practice is mainly connected with tariff classification of goods, anti-dumping duties, customs valuation, customs declaration invalidation, appeal of penal decrees. We have established permanent contacts with European law firms specialized in this field.
Since 2008 the law firm has represented its clients in more than 80 cases initiated on the basis of appeals against decisions of customs authorities and against penal decrees in regard to violations of customs legislation.
- Legal consultations of a leading importer of steel ropes and bearings on EU customs law issues and representation of the company in more than 60 customs cases in regard to anti-dumping duties on import of goods from China and South Korea;
- Legal consolations of a Japanese company in regard to the import of a turbine for the rehabilitation of a thermal power plant (invalidation of a customs declaration and refund of incorrectly paid customs duties at the amount of EUR 800 000);
- Legal consultations of an American company in regard to the import of medical equipment and allograft products in Bulgaria;
- Representation of a subsidiary of a Dutch company in regard to appeal of decisions of customs authorities for imposing anti-dumping duties administrative and court proceedings;
- Representation of one of the biggest producers of galvanized fittings in regard to appeal of decisions of customs authorities for refusal to refund anti-dumping duties at the total amount of BGN 2 000 000 in administrative and court proceedings.